Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Discovered Veggy Pita for lunch box, just keep dressing separate. Nice change from regular salad. Add some sliced black olives.
- 2 cups shredded red leaf lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 7 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 6-inch whole wheat pitas, halved
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, add 2 tablespoons oregano, tossing gently.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oregano, low fat yogurt and pepper, stir well.
- Spread inside of each pita half with 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture.
- Spoon 1 cup veggie mixture into each bread pocket.
- Serve immediately.
This made a wonderful lunch today. I added more yogurt since I like my sandwhichs extra "saucy" if that makes sense. Very good base recipe that I plan on playing around with.