Recipe by weekend cooker
Another one of my stuffed pepper recipes that we have had before. Very low calorie light meal with approximately 100 calories oer serving. This can easily be doubled. This recipe is for 4 servings.
- 2 large bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1⁄8 cup minced onion
- 1⁄8 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canlow-sodium whole tomatoes
- 3 ounces low-sodium tomato paste
- 8 ounces canned corn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off peppers, and remove seeds, reserving tops of peppers.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl, and stuff peppers.
- Place pepper tops back on peppers.
- Pour remaining ingredients over the stuffed peppers, and work down in between the peppers.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, or until the peppers are done to your liking. ( We are satisified after 6 1/2 hours).
- If you prefer, you can add 1/2 cup tomato juice if recipe is too dry.
- When finished cooking, cut peppers in half and serve.