Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Heart healthy and delicious gourmet chicken breasts. Your family will love it! From Chef Rob MacIsaac, on the Global TV website.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 ounce julienne vegetables
- salt & pepper
- 4 ounces tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce parmesan cheese
- Take the chicken breast and place it under plastic wrap and gently pound it with a meat hammer until it's neatly flattened.
- Place the julienne leek, carrot, zucchini and peppers in the middle and roll the chicken breast.
- Wrap it in Saran Wrap and poach it in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Take crushed garlic and gently saute it, add the tomato puree and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped basil at the end for about three minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese at the very end.
- Slice the chicken, pour the sauce over top.
- Serve with pasta and fresh vegetables.
This was delicious! The only difference I did was to put some fresh basil leaves inside the package. I was out of parmesan so used mozarella instead. Served with some steamed broccoli and we were happy campers!