Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Heart healthy and delicious gourmet chicken breasts. Your family will love it! From Chef Rob MacIsaac, on the Global TV website.
Top Review by Sherri at the Beach
This was delicious! The only difference I did was to put some fresh basil leaves inside the package. I was out of parmesan so used mozarella instead. Served with some steamed broccoli and we were happy campers!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 ounce julienne vegetables
- salt & pepper
- 4 ounces tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the chicken breast and place it under plastic wrap and gently pound it with a meat hammer until it's neatly flattened.
- Place the julienne leek, carrot, zucchini and peppers in the middle and roll the chicken breast.
- Wrap it in Saran Wrap and poach it in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Take crushed garlic and gently saute it, add the tomato puree and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped basil at the end for about three minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese at the very end.
- Slice the chicken, pour the sauce over top.
- Serve with pasta and fresh vegetables.