1/4 Photos of Vegetable Strudel
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I have had this recipe for a while and can't remember where I got it. I made this today and used up some left over vegetables I had made a few days ago. I used collards, kale and some tomato in mine. I didn't use dairy but substituted with vegan Monterrey Jack cheese. It tasted delicious. Be creative and use a variety of different veggies in yours too :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage or 1 cup fennel
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups gruyere, mozzarella or 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
For The Spicy Pesto Vinaigrette
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- 3Add peppers and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic, onion, zucchini, cabbage and mushrooms. Sauté until crisp tender, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and drain off any liquid. Stir in parsley and cheese.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and cool.
- 6Roll out pastry to a 10 x 14-inch rectangle. Pile vegetables along upper third of pastry lengthwise, leaving a 1 inch wide border on short sides.
- 7Brush all sides with beaten egg. Fold short ends up over filling, then roll into cylinder, cutting off pastry excess. Place seam-side down on cookie sheet and prick top. Brush with egg.
- 8Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Whisk together pesto, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Cut strudel in slices and drizzle some sauce over the top.
- 10Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.0
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 323.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: