Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very simple vegetable stock that can be used every time you need something extra for your vegetarian and vegan friends. Very healthy and great tasting!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 2 sweet white onions
- 5 chopped green onions
- 2 celery ribs
- 5 -8 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cups purified water
- Chop the carrots, celery, and onions into 1 - 2 inch sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a stock pot to medium-high. Then add in carrots, onions, and celery.
- Add in the black pepper and salt. Stir for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add in the parsley, basil, bay leaves, and water.
- Bring to a oil, and reduce the heat to low - medium, and let it simmer.
- Skim off the foam every once awhile.
- Let this cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Then strain the vegetable soup stock from the veggies. Gently squeeze the veggies to extract the soup stock.