Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
This is an adopted recipe. I shall be trying it out and then post any additional information if needs be. Feel free to try it out first and share your comments!
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced (with greens)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (w/grns)
- 1 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 turnip, sliced (peel if waxy)
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stock pot, heat oil.
- Add onion, celery, tomato, potato, turnip, and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour.
- Strain stock and discard the vegetables, bay leaf, and parsley.
- Stock may be used immediately, refrigerated for 3-4 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.