Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Good healthy, hearty full flavor stock.
Make and share this Vegetable Stock recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rough chop mushrooms, celery, turnip, tomato and garlic. Put in heavy stock pot with water, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Cut onions, carrots and fennel into half-inch dice. Toss veggies with olive oil and spread on cookie sheet. Roast in 400 degree oven until they begin to caramelize, approximately 22-25 minutes.
- Remove veggies from oven and add to stock pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer very slowly for 8-12 hours. I place on wood-stove for the rest of the day.
- strain out solids from stock. Should yield 2 quarts.