Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be warmed and used as a soup too any time with a toasted bread !
- 10 cups water
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 black peppercorns
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat, simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine metal sieve and cool.
- This makes about 9-10 cups of vegetable stock, which can be kept in the fridge and used when needed.