Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from "The Soup Bible". It is a great add-on to any soup. It just adds a little vegetable flavor.
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 pieces gingerroot, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- mushroom, stalks (optional)
- tomatoes, peelings (optional)
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 bunch parsley stems
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper (for taste)
- 3 1⁄4 quarts water
- Put all ingredients into a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil on medium.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Strain and discard the veggies.
- There is your vegetable stock.
Wordeful stock, easy too make and much healthier than the canned. I divide the stock to 3 bowl and freeze them for a later use. This stock can easily be a great soup as an appetizer. Thanks for posting. Made it for PAC Spring 2009.