Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Use fresh vegetables and slowly simmer so that the flavors blend together.
Make and share this Vegetable Stock recipe from Food.com.
- 4 celery ribs, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 leeks, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small parsnips, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 small cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 3 quarts water
- Place all ingredients in large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Partially cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the stock through a cheesecloth-lined sieve.
- Discard the vegetables.
- Simmer the stock for about 20 minutes more.