1 hr 20 mins
Terry Davis in Cedar City's Note:
Use fresh vegetables and slowly simmer so that the flavors blend together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 celery ribs, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 leeks, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small parsnips, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 small cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 3 quarts water
- 1Place all ingredients in large stockpot.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- 3Partially cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and strain the stock through a cheesecloth-lined sieve.
- 5Discard the vegetables.
- 6Simmer the stock for about 20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Stock
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: