Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite! I found this recipe in a cookbook on grains but cannot remember which one! If anyone recognizes it, please let me know so I can give them credit. Rich and flavorful and very easy. I use in Mixed Grains Baked With Herbs, Vegetables and Cheese.
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 3 carrots, unpeeled, washed and diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, stems included, chopped
- 3 onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove
- fresh ground pepper, generous amount
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Strain and discard vegetables. Let cool.
- Freezes well.