1/1 Photo of Vegetable Stir-Fry With Tofu
Chef Tweaker's Note:
Recipe from "8 Weeks to Optimal Health" by Dr. Andrew Weil Posted here for safekeeping. Cooking and prep times are approximate. Dr Weil's note: Baked, pressed tofu is available refrigerated in health-food stores and Asian grocery stores. ETA: I made this tonight. Sorry, I didn't time the prep. Lots of chopping of course. I used PAM instead of oil in my well-seasoned cast-iron skillet and didn't miss it. I found the flavoring mixture tasty but it stayed runny. You could either add it earlier in the stir-frying to see if it cooks down or add some cornstarch. I got 4 generous servings out of it and served it with Tom Ka (thai) soup and jasmine rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb baked tofu, pressed
- 8 cups vegetables (options include onions, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, celery, broccoli, asparagus and mung-bean sprou)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1Slice the tofu into strips and arrange on a plate with prepared vegetables, separated by variety. (You may be able to buy mixed stir-fry vegetables in packages from your supermarket.).
- 2Mix the flavoring mixture ingredients until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- 3Add the canola oil to a large skillet or wok, place over medium-high heat, and add vegetables. Cook sturdier vegetables first, saving tender ones like bean sprouts and asparagus for later. Stir vegetables constantly, adding a little water if necessary to keep them from sticking or burning.The idea is to produce a mixture in which all the items are crunchy-tender and retain their colors and individual character.
- 4Add the tofu and the flavoring mixture. Continue to cook over high heat for 1 minute, then serve over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Stir-Fry With Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1344.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: