Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
A good side dish for an Asian-style dinner.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans (ends removed, then cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 large carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (1-inch)
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot chile sesame oil
- chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add in garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute (do not let burn).
- Add in green beans, carrots, and ginger; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add cabbage and next 5 ingredients; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Remove and discard ginger; serve immediately; garnish with chopped peanuts.