Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We love ratatouille and I often make a baked one. Tonight I added in a number of things to make a complete side dish for beef schnitzels. We both thought this was great and it could be eaten over pasta or rice for a vegetarian meal.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthways, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 6 small potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 small red chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT peas and parsley .in a large baking dish and stir well to combine.
- Bake for about 1 hour (or until the potatoes are tender) stirring once or twice during cooking.
- When the potatoes are tender, add in the peas and cook a further 5 minutes then remove from the oven and stir through the chopped parsley.
FANTASTIC! Loved this recipe! I wished that I had doubled the recipe as this was so, so, good. Great clear instructions and the perfect mix of veges. Very healthy with so little oil added and the red wine vinegar and freash rosemary from the garden added great flavours. I served this with pan cooked salmon fillets...though could have just eaten a giant bowl of this delicious vege stew......which I might just do next time! Photo also to be posted. Gluten-free too as written. I wish I could give more than 5 stars for this recipe. Reviewed for April recipe swap from the Aus/NZ Forum.