Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 3 cups water
- 1 low-sodium vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cups white potatoes, cut in 2-inch strips
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 4 cups summer squash, cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 cup summer squash, cut in 4 chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small hot pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- add other favorite vegetables such as broccoli or cauliflower, etc
- Heat water and bouillon in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots to the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes and continue cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove 4 chunks of squash and purée in blender.
- Return puréed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let sit for 10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.