Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 10 sprigs spinach leaves (palak)
- 5 stalks of the leaves just below cauliflower
- 2 -3 sprigs coriander leaves
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄4 dried red chili, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Clean any fibrous threads from the stems.
- Chop the vegetables into thin slanted slivers.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add vegetables.
- Stir fry till tender.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornflour in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Add to soup, stirring continuously till it comes back to a boil.
- Add the chilli, sugar, salt, soya sauce and boil till thickened like cornsoup.
- Serve fresh and piping hot.