Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lots of vegetables in this spoon bread from BHG magazine
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup green sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- Bring to a boil, corn, onion, pepper strips and water.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, cheese and cornmeal, then set aside.
- Beat eggs slightly; stir in milk, salt, pepper and a couple of dashes of hot pepper sauce.
- Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until set.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.