Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for parties, dinners, or an appetizer..
- 3 medium carrots
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut carrots lengthwise into quarters.
- In a large skillet, bring 2 inches of water to a boil.
- Add carrots, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, and pat dry.
- Cut each piece of breadstick dough in half, and roll each bpiece into a 7 inch rope.
- Wrap one rope in a spiral around each vegetable.
- Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and tuck ends of dough under vegetables to secure.
- Brush with egg white.
- Combine cheese and oregano, and sprinkle over sticks.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
These were delightful; we loved having something healthy as an hors d'oeuvre! The carrots challenged me: I was multi-tasking, and cooked the vegetables too long. The asparagus forgave me, but the thin top part of the carrots tended to break off as I wrapped the biscuit around. So, I recommend using larger carrots and not using the thin end of the carrot for this recipe. I am not dropping stars on the recipe because it will be easier next time with practice and focus. Made for Went to the Market Tag.