Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from Weight Watchers. One serving is 7 points. Absolutely delicious and so filling it is hard to even finish one serving. My entire family requests it regularly and they are not on Weight Watchers. It is good enough for company in my opinion.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs raw spaghetti squash
- 1 lb uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
- 1 cup cooked kidney bean, rinsed and drained if canned
- 1 medium garlic, clove(s) crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup canned tomato paste
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned tomatoes, whole, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Wrap each half in plastic wrap and microwave on high power until strands of squash separate when flesh is scraped with a fork, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine beef, beans, garlic, onion, zucchini and mushrooms and cook on high power until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Break up meat with a fork several times during cooking.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and herbs and season to taste. Cover and cook for 10 minutes more on high power.
- With a fork, scrape out spaghetti squash to form strands. Divide squash between 4 plates and top with meat sauce.