Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fabulous hearty vegetarian soup. Can be a meal by itself. Found in Suzy Fishbein's Kosher by Design.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced (about 4-5 leaves)
- 1 (20 ounce) box frozen corn kernels
- In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add the onions and saute about 6-7 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add tomatoes, stock, and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add the white beans, green beans, salt, pepper, and basil. Return to boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in corn and heat through.
I found this a very easy soup with lots of flavor. It's a very generous 6 servings!