Fabulous hearty vegetarian soup. Can be a meal by itself. Found in Suzy Fishbein's Kosher by Design.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced (about 4-5 leaves)
- 1 (20 ounce) box frozen corn kernels
- 1In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add the onions and saute about 6-7 minutes or until translucent.
- 2Add garlic and saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- 3Add tomatoes, stock, and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- 4Add the white beans, green beans, salt, pepper, and basil. Return to boil.
- 5Lower heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- 6Stir in corn and heat through.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Soup With Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 914.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: