Vegetable Soup With Chicken Meatballs
- Make the meatballs: in a big bowl, mix together all the meatball ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Using floured hands, form the mixture into 1 ½ inch balls.
- Preheat oven to 425°; place meatballs on a lightly sprayed or oiled baking sheet and bake until lightly browned and firm, about 15 minutes.
- Make the soup: in a big soup pot over high heat, combine the stock, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, celery, carrot, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to med-low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add in the orzo and meatballs; simmer until the orzo is tender and the flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.