1/2 Photos of Vegetable Soup on the Double
I needed something for lunch the other day that was healthy and good. This was originally made using Success Boil in Bag Brown Rice and the recipe now has been updated to show that 1 cup of cooked brown rice is used in the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, warm
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In food processor, chop onion and garlic.
- 2Place the slicer blade on the food processor and slice all the vegetables.
- 3In a large saucepan add the broth, tomatoes, vegetables and spices.
- 4Cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 5Boil gently 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Vegetables will be crisp tender.
- 7Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 8To serve: Divide the rice into 4 servings and place in serving bowls.
- 9Ladle the hot vegetable soup over the rice and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Soup on the Double
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 307.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 7.1 g