Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From Reminisce Magazine, submitted by Lola Miller.
Top Review by Mary Christmas
I first tasted this meatloaf when I was 10 years old at camp. I liked it so much that I asked the cook for the recipe. You really have to make this as written. It is very good. Thanks for posting a childhood favorite.
- 2 slices white bread, torn
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed vegetarian vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, soak bread in soup for 5 mintes.
- Stir in the onion, egg, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into an 8 in x 4 in loaf.
- Line and 11 in x 7 in x 2 in baking dish with foil and grease the foil.
- Place meatloaf in pan; top with tomato sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.