From Reminisce Magazine, submitted by Lola Miller.
Make and share this Vegetable Soup Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, soak bread in soup for 5 mintes.
- Stir in the onion, egg, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into an 8 in x 4 in loaf.
- Line and 11 in x 7 in x 2 in baking dish with foil and grease the foil.
- Place meatloaf in pan; top with tomato sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Pretty good meatloaf, kinda like my Mom used to make, she always used Campbell's vegetable soup. I left out the egg and used dried breadcrumbs with catshup for the topping because that was what i had around. Tuned out tasty but a little looser than i like for slicing. Thanks for posting.
This turned out rather well, though I did make a few changes. I pureed the soup (tomato base, pasta, vegetables) and added dried parsley (1tbls) and oregano (1tsp), I also added 1/2c of dried bread crumbs to bring it together (in addition to the fresh bread). Next time I think I will add an extra 1/4-1/2tsp of salt and either more bread crumbs or leave out the fresh bread altogether, as it was a little softer than I would prefer. I also omitted the tomato sauce topping.