Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from the Ball Blue Book of Canning, this is a good recipe for canning. Pack summer produce into a jar and eat it in the winter!
- 2 quarts tomatoes (you can use canned if you need to) or 12 large tomatoes, peeled, cored, chopped (you can use canned if you need to)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed or 1 1⁄2 quarts potatoes
- 12 medium carrots or 1 1⁄2 quarts carrots
- 4 cups lima beans (canned or frozen)
- 4 cups corn, cut, uncooked or 9 ears corn
- 2 cups celery, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 cups onions, chopped or 2 medium onions
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the vegetables in a large saucepot. Add the water, boil 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Ladle hot soup into hot jars, leaving 1" headspace. Remove air bubbles with a knife. Adjust two piece caps.
- Process pints 1 hour, quarts 1 hour and 15 minutes, at 10 pounds pressure in a pressure canner.
- Yield: About 14 pints or 7 quarts.