Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
Adapted from the Ball Blue Book of Canning, this is a good recipe for canning. Pack summer produce into a jar and eat it in the winter!
- 2 quarts tomatoes (you can use canned if you need to) or 12 large tomatoes, peeled, cored, chopped (you can use canned if you need to)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed or 1 1⁄2 quarts potatoes
- 12 medium carrots or 1 1⁄2 quarts carrots
- 4 cups lima beans (canned or frozen)
- 4 cups corn, cut, uncooked or 9 ears corn
- 2 cups celery, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 cups onions, chopped or 2 medium onions
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the vegetables in a large saucepot. Add the water, boil 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Ladle hot soup into hot jars, leaving 1" headspace. Remove air bubbles with a knife. Adjust two piece caps.
- Process pints 1 hour, quarts 1 hour and 15 minutes, at 10 pounds pressure in a pressure canner.
- Yield: About 14 pints or 7 quarts.
This is a great, easy veggie soup recipe! I used sweet potato and added jalapeño for some kick. I am already thinking about the next batch. Thanks for posting!
Great recipe!! I made a batch yesterday & currently making some right now. I did add cabbage, corn, and green beans along with italian seasoning to my pot.Thanks for sharing your very vertisile recipe.
thanks for posting this ive been all over the web looking for things like this dee