1/2 Photos of Vegetable Soup (Canning)
1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 19 mins
Adapted from the Ball Blue Book of Canning, this is a good recipe for canning. Pack summer produce into a jar and eat it in the winter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts tomatoes (you can use canned if you need to) or 12 large tomatoes, peeled, cored, chopped (you can use canned if you need to)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed or 1 1/2 quarts potatoes
- 12 medium carrots or 1 1/2 quarts carrots
- 4 cups lima beans (canned or frozen)
- 4 cups corn, cut, uncooked or 9 ears corn
- 2 cups celery, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 cups onions, chopped or 2 medium onions
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Combine all the vegetables in a large saucepot. Add the water, boil 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 2Ladle hot soup into hot jars, leaving 1" headspace. Remove air bubbles with a knife. Adjust two piece caps.
- 3Process pints 1 hour, quarts 1 hour and 15 minutes, at 10 pounds pressure in a pressure canner.
- 4Yield: About 14 pints or 7 quarts.
Browse Our Top Northeastern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Soup (Canning)
Serving Size: 1 (7000 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 482.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 16.0 g