Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is very close to my mom's vegetable soup recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Sautee ground beef and onion with a little oil.
- When the ground beef is brown and the onion is soft, drain off the grease.
- Add the chicken broth, carrots and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 45 minute
- Add the chopped cabbage, potatoes, garlic powder, and italian seasoning. Add salt and pepper to suit your tastes.
- Simmer until the cabbage is tender.