Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from my aunt... One of my favorite soups, by far...
- 4 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 4 1⁄2 cups water (1/2 C. of water to dissolve bouillon)
- 1 (64 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 medium cabbage (sliced)
- 2 (18 ounce) packages frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 large potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup barley
- 1 lb ground beef (browned and drained) or 1 lb ground turkey (browned and drained)
- Dissolve bouillon in 1/2°C of water.
- Add water, celery, onion, cabbage and potatoes. Cook until soft.
- Add tomato juice, barley, frozen vegetables and meat.
- Cook until frozen vegetables are tender.