Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the recipe from the Ball Canning Website. I wanted to put it here for nutritional info. http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipe.aspx?r=67
- 1892.72 ml tomatoes, chopped, peeled, cored (about 4 lb or 12 medium)
- 1419.54 ml potatoes, cubed and peeled (about 6 medium)
- 1419.54 ml carrots, 3/4-inch sliced (about 12 medium)
- 946.36 ml lima beans (about 1-1/2 lb)
- 946.36 ml corn, uncooked (about 9 ears)
- 473.18 ml celery, 1-inch sliced (about 4 stalks)
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped (about 2 medium)
- 1419.54 ml water
- 7.39 ml salt (optional)
- 7.39 ml pepper (optional)
- PREPARE pressure canner. Heat 14 pint jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- COMBINE all vegetables in a large saucepot. Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- LADLE hot soup into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure 55 minutes for pints and 1 hour and 25 minutes for quarts, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.