Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This vegetable soup is low in calories but not in flavor. Weight Watchers 0 points. I keep a big pot around all the time. From the kitchen of Michele Harvey Thornburg, Moberly MO.
- 2⁄3 cup sliced carrot (can use frozen carrots)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable. I use a mixture of chicken and beef)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped (optional)
- In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 min,.
- Add rest of ingredients. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
I liked this soup and it's guilt free also which is good, I made it just like the recipe but for the cabbage, I used white cabbage as that was what I had. Next time I won't use the garlic as I didn't like the smell it had while cooking, I think it would be better without it to get the true taste of the veg. Thank you for posting. made for ABC tag game. 2011