1 hr 20 mins
Cajungirl 2004's Note:
My vegetable soup recipe. Comes out great every time! You can substitute some of the veggies if you like. (I use Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning. I listed it as season-all on the recipe because I'm not sure that Tony's is sold outside of Louisiana.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef stew meat (family-sized pack)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 16 ounces green beans (frozen)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (46 ounce) can vegetable juice (v8)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 1 zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 3 -4 carrots, diced
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt, season-all to taste
- 1Season stew meat with season-all and salt.
- 2In a 12 quart stock pot (filled half-way with water), boil diced onion & stew meat for 45 minutes to make beef stock.
- 3Add V8 juice, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, & all vegetables (season as desired with salt & season-all).
- 4Bring to a boil for about 30-40 minutes. Toward the end of the 30-40 minutes, add the noodles.
- 5Once Brussels sprouts are soft enough to cut through, it's done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (848 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 975.3
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.3 mg
- Sodium 2053.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 59.7 g