Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Chinese name is TZAI TANG. posted for ZWT Asia. A good vegan soup.
Make and share this Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 head Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups broth, hot
- In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in hot water 30 minutes or until softened.
- Peel tomatoes; remove and discard seeds. Chop tomatoes. Drain and coarsely chop mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Add onions and garlic; saute until transparent. Add chopped mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, celery, cabbage and bean sprouts. Stir-fry over high heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, salt, white pepper, ginger, parsley and stock or broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a tureen or serve in individual bowls. Serve hot.
Pretty good, but we found it to be a little on the bland side for our tastes. I ended up adding some brown rice vinegar and chili paste and then it was fantastic! Five stars with those small changes. I also added some tofu to make this a complete meal. Thanks for posting, I would make it again with the above changes. It's a good base recipe easily changed for one's own tastes. Made for the vegetarian/vegan swap.