Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making this a long time. It can't be beat. Yummy and so good for you. When I was on weight watchers I lived on this. You can put in whatever vegetables you have in the fridge, and add whatever canned ones you like. This is my basic recipe. You can use what ever vegetables you like. I like to add a little Cajun spice to my bowl.
- 6 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups potatoes
- 2 cups carrots
- 1⁄4 head cabbage
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 1⁄2 ounces corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- Add water and bouillon, bring to a boil.
- At this point add whatever vegetables that needs to cook, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, zucchini, (good time to clean out the fridge); slow boil for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are done.
- Add tomatoes (or tomato juice), salt and pepper and canned vegetables (its a good time to clean out cabinets).
Very good! I made this for my neibhour who recently got out of the hospital. I sauteed some onions and a bit of garlic before adding in the other ingredients, used all chicken broth in place of the water and the bouillon cubes, I simmered it for about 1-1/2 hours. Thanks Mel!...Kitten
Very hearty! Pretty easy to fix for workers on a chilly fall day! Had it simmering and they could eat healthy and then keep working.
I chose this recipe for its technique, which works just fine. I added some ingredients and omitted others. I ended up with a fine soup that includes four things I grew myself; comfort food doesn't get any better than that.