Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great start to your morning! From Country Living magazine. Cook time is chill time.-
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and divide the smoothie mixture evenly among them.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This was a pleasant surprise. I was wondering if I would like it, and I do. I cut in half, used 1 seeded tomato, a yellow pepper, some dried minced onion, 1 T lemon juice. Turned out great! I think 4 servings are 4 small servings. This didn't quite fill up my glass. Update: I tried this with V8 juice and doubling the cuckes. I think I actually like it better with the fresh tomato - it's thicker, more like a smoothie. With juice, it comes out like spiced up tomatoe juice.
Yum! I was intrigued by the idea of a savory smoothie, and I wasn't disappointed. I used vegan Worcestershire sauce and, like another reviewer, used Knudsen's vegetable juice blend, but otherwise made it as directed. It was not a filling breakfast but would be a lovely afternoon pick-me-up. It would definitely also be the best Bloody Mary mixer ever. Made for Veg*an Swap, June 2010
Awesome!!! I used Knudsen's vegetable juice as I didn't have straight tomato juice, and this turned out great. And it really would make an amazing Bloody Mary mix. I used a little extra cucumber and a little extra lemon juice as well. I loved this and will absolutely make it again.