Dairy free, Low fat, Low GI, Wheat Free from the food coach. these are being packed in my lunchbox quite often at the minute
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mixed raw vegetables, of your choice
- 3 cups short-grain brown rice, cooked and cold
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1 cup sesame seeds
For the dipping sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Chop the vegetables very finely - if the pieces are too big, the mixture will not stick together.
- 3Combine the rice and vegetables in a bowl. Mix the tahini, lemon juice, tamari and tofu in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- 4Pour this sauce over the rice and vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- 5With wet hands, roll bits of the rice mixture into balls of about 5cm in diameter.
- 6Roll the balls in the sesame seeds until they are completely coated and place them on a baking tray.
- 7Bake for 40 minutes, turning the balls twice during the baking process.
- 8While the balls are cooking, make the dipping sauce by mixing the tamari and mirin together in a small bowl.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Sesame Rice Balls
Serving Size: 1 (851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: