Recipe by IngridH
This is one of those recipes that was born of the need to use up a bit of this and a bit of that, but suprisingly, it was a great combination! The measurements are flexible, so feel free to adjust as you wish. If you don't have shallot in your fridge, use red onion.
Top Review by breezermom
Ingrid, I am so glad you needed to use up these ingredients! I followed the recipe exactly, and this is just delicious! I used fresh green beans and cauliflower and the cooking times were dead on. I just wished I'd doubled the recipe.....it was addictive, and I found myself going back and picking up a few more pieces. :) Made for Photo Tag. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 slices bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 1 in lengths
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 shallot, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a large skillet, until soft, but not done.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower, cook for one minute.
- Add the green beans, cook for an additional minute.
- Drain the vegetables, set aside.
- If the bacon is very lean, and hasn't rendered enough fat to saute the vegetables, add up to a 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
- Add the shallots, beans, and cauliflower, toss to coat with the fat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook the vegetables just until they start to show some color and are tender enough to pierce with a knife.
- Remove to a serving dish, and top with the blue chese.