Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes 12. Perfect addition to an Indian style menu. Easy to prepare and fun to eat.
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 3 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 3⁄4 cup peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- splash hot sauce
- Boil potatoes and carrots until tender; drain and lightly mash.
- Add peas to potatoes and carrots.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat pan on medium.
- Add oil and spices, cook for 3-4 minutes until garlic is cooked (ensure spices don't burn).
- Add spices to vegetables and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400°C.
- Remove one sheet of phylo dough from package and place on parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- Place another sheet of phylo dough on top of first and spray with cooking spray; cut into three strips.
- Place a large spoonful of vegetable mixture into corner of one strip; fold into triangle. Continue folding in triangle until complete. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray and cover with wet towel to prevent from drying.
- Continue method until 12 samosas are made. Place in oven for 10 - 12 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with chutney of choice.