Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Samosas are a snack from India. They are also a delicious party food.
Make and share this Vegetable Samosas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 kg maida flour
- 1⁄2 kg onion, chopped
- 50 g green chilies, chopped
- oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 kg potato, boiled, peeled & mashed
- 1 lime
- 1 pinch turmeric
- Sift flour with salt and make soft dough using a little bit of water. Set aside for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan and season with mustard and cumin seeds. Also add chopped green chilies and onions. Fry them until they turn golden in color.
- Add turmeric, mashed potatoes, salt and fry well for a few minutes. Sprinkle some lemon juice, mix well and remove from heat.
- Make small balls from the dough, roll into thin chapati shape. Cut the Chapati into two halves with a knife.
- In each half, place the above curry. Roll into triangle shape and seal the edges with water.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until they are golden brown in color. Serve hot with any chutney.