Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good sized salad -- if you add some leftover chicken it can also be a wonderful main dish salad. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 1986)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 -14 kalamata olives
- Rub inside of a large wooden salad bowl with cut garlic, discard garlic.
- Add next 9 ingredients (lettuce - parsley) to bowl; toss.
- In a jar combine next 6 ingredients (olive oil - pepper) and shake well to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Add cheese and olives and toss again.
Super easy, super delicious! Sushiman and I had this for supper, the two of us just ate the whole thing. I used a local cheese that is just a bit saltier than feta, but even with that the 1/2 teaspoon of salt was not quite enough for our taste. I especially loved the crunch of the radishes in the salad.