Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Ideal vegetables for this salad are the thinnest, youngest and most tender. Prep time includes chilling.
- 3 quarts water
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 lb baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 ½ pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring water, potatoes and 2 tsp salt to a boil in Dutch oven.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes until potatoes are juts tender.
- Combine oil and garlic in large bowl.
- Transfer potatoes with slotted spoon to colander; drain well.
- Reserve water in the Dutch oven.
- Toss potatoes with oil and garlic in bowl.
- Return water to boil.
- Add cauliflower, green beans and carrots.
- Cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Transfer vegetables to colander with slotted spoon.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Drain and toss with potatoes.
- Return water to a boil.
- Add snow peas, asparagus and squash.
- Cook for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toss gently with other vegetables.
- Combine mayonnaise, dill, pepper and remaining ¼ tsp salt in small bowl.
- Stir into vegetables, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold about 2 hours.
- Stir in lemon juice.