Recipe by Nat Da Brat
This vegetable salad is a colorful side dish. Only carrots and egg needs cooking. As for the rest, just dice, shred, toss and Enjoy!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I really liked this salad a lot. I used a little more egg and carrot than called for, but otherwise prepared the recipe as written. Very healthy, and also pretty filling. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups peeled and diced carrots
- 2 cups diced pickled beets
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 ½ quart water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain in colander under running water until cool.
- Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Stir in beets, lettuce, cabbage, green pepper and parsley.
- Whisk olive and vegetable oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Whisk in onion and mayonnaise to blend.
- Toss vegetables with mayonnaise dressing to coat.
- Sprinkle top with chopped eggs and olives, if desired.