Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve with tomato sauce. Wholemeal or multi-grain bread can be substituted for the white bread
Make and share this Vegetable Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Combine vegetables, barbecue sauce and stuffing mix in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Remove and discard the crusts from bread. Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of vegetable mixture over one half of each slice of bread and brush egg over remaining bread half. Roll up bread from vegetable side to enclose filling.
- Cut each roll in half and place onto baking paper-lined oven trays and brush with melted butter.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Stand rolls for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm rolls with tomato sauce.
These were just great! Really loved them. I don't like zucchini so I used grated mushrooms instead, worked fine. I also used puff pastry instead of the bread, so they were more like sausage rolls. The mix was really easy to work with and I loved using the corn instead of egg as a binder. Do let them cool a little before eating though- the filling is HOT and will be runnier when it is hotter. Thanks for a keeper!