1/1 Photo of Vegetable Risotto with Curry Sauce
My mom sent me this recipe. It came from the Abbeyglen Castle Hotel, Clifden. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small leek, white part only,diced
- 2 small bell peppers, any color,diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
For Curry Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 pint cream
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used a 6 oz. box of Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice)
- 1Blanch diced vegetables and set aside.
- 2Cook rice according to package directions.
- 3Saute shallots, garlic, chile and ginger in olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add curry powder and tomato puree and cook another 2 minutes.
- 5Finally add chutney and cream and simmer until reduced by half.
- 6Add blanched vegetables and rice to the curry sauce, season to taste and top with chopped basil and serve.
- 7Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Risotto with Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.4
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 134.7 mg
- Sodium 105.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: