My mom sent me this recipe. It came from the Abbeyglen Castle Hotel, Clifden. Enjoy!
Make and share this Vegetable Risotto with Curry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small leek, white part only,diced
- 2 small bell peppers, any color,diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
For Curry Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1 pint cream
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used a 6 oz. box of Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice)
- Blanch diced vegetables and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Saute shallots, garlic, chile and ginger in olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and tomato puree and cook another 2 minutes.
- Finally add chutney and cream and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add blanched vegetables and rice to the curry sauce, season to taste and top with chopped basil and serve.
- Makes 4 servings.
This was colorful and flavorful and really hit the spot last night. We used hot curry powder, which I thought worked really well in this dish. We served over Texamati rice. I did not change a thing about this recipe and did not feel any modifications were necessary other than I might use just a little more curry powder next time. Thanks for an enjoyable dinner. Made for March Veggie Swap 2013.
DYYYYYYYYNOMITE! I added some broccoli as bergy suggested, and I used some plain soy milk instead of cream, because it was honestly all i had on hand! worked just fine!!!! I too used a bit more curry and added 1/2 more chili pepper. This is a fabulous dish. I will be making this again.. you can count on it! lol :-)
All my veggies in one dish! I loved it. I added broccoli florets in the last minute to the sauce (small florets). Used Bergie's Colonel Grey's Chutney for the chutney and increased the curry to 1/2 tsp. 2% milk instead of cream. It all came together perfectly - It may sound like I changed your recipe but in fact it was 98% the same. I served it with Chicken schnitzel Will do this for company again- quick easy and very good Thanks Sharon