Recipe by English_Rose
This classic risotto brings together spring and summer vegetables in a typically Italian rice dish.
- 6 tablespoons Italian olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces asparagus spears, finely sliced
- 3 ounces button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 12 ounces arborio rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shavings
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, and fry the onion, asparagus, mushrooms, pepper and zucchini until softened.
- Add the rice and continue frying for about 2 minutes, stirring all the time. Gradually pour in the vegetable stock, a little at a time, giving the rice time to absorb the stock between each addition.
- Season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking for about 20 minutes until the rice is tender, but still has a hint of 'bite' to it.
- Just before serving, add the butter and stir well. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese shavings.