Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3⁄4 cup diced zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 cups short-grain rice
- 4 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pour oil into 12-inch frying pan over high heat.
- Add pepper, zucchini.
- Stir until tender crisp.
- Take out veggies.
- Set aside.
- Add butter, onion, garlic to same pan.
- Stir over medium heat until onion is soft and golden.
- Add rice.
- Stir until milky. (10 min).
- Stir in artichoke hearts and pepper/zucchini mix.
- Reduce heat, continue to cook.
- Stir often until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat, gently mix in cheese and salt and pepper.
- Serve with Shredded cheese on top.