1/3 Photos of Vegetable-Rice Soup
1 hr 5 mins
This is one of my favorite soup recipes that I cook for my family during Lent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tomato (seeded, diced)
- 2 scallions (chopped) or 2 green onions (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled, chopped)
- 1 cup cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 sweet pepper (seeded and diced)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white rice
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (diced)
- 1 zucchini (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic (minced)
- 6 cups water or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In cooking pot, sauté carrots, celery, scallion, cauliflower with 2 tablespoon of oil and garlic till tender.
- 2Add the vegetable stock or water; 2 tablespoons of oil and boil it for 5 minutes.
- 3To the boiling vegetables, add rice, zucchini, sweet pepper, basil and parsley.
- 4In a medium heat, cook the soup for 45 minutes; add black pepper and salt.
- 5Serve it hot.
- 6P.S. if you are not on Lent or a vegan, you may add cream or plain yogurt. If you prefer spicy soup, you may add chili powder (berbere) or tabasco.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable-Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g