- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (You may use frozen green beans, they are cut just the right size.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, carrots, thyme, and salt, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring to coat; pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the beans are tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.