- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add green pepper, garlic, basil, black pepper and rice.
- Cook until rice is browned and green pepper is tender-crisp, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until rice is done.
- Garnish with fresh chives.