Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy and low fat. For the slow-cooker.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked converted long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In 4-cup glass measuring cup, combine broth and water. Microwave on High for 4 to 5 minutes or until steaming hot.
- Meanwhile, spray 4 to 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine rice and oil in sprayed slow cooker; mix well. Stir in all remaining ingredients and hot broth mixture.
- Cover; cook on High setting 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
I was happy to find a slow cooker recipe for rice pilaf. This basic formula is great for using whatever veggies I have on hand. I think 12 servings would be extremely modest portions... 4-6 is more typical for my family.
I am giving this every day dish 5 stars because it was easy, healthy and dee-lish. I used low sodium chicken broth with a teaspoon of garlic powder. I also used a 16oz bag of frozen mixed veggies and chopped half of a yellow onion. It was really nice to have my "side" going while I made the rest of our meal. Thanks !